Our Sofa Buying Guide
What questions to consider before buying a sofa?
There are plenty of factors to consider on the subject of buying a sofa.
We think it would be good if you give sufficient consideration for the following points below.
1 - Are you building your room around your sofa, or you are hoping to fit it into your existing room decor?
This question will have major implications on the style and colour choice for your sofa.
Be sensitive to the lighting and the general ambience of the room, and when in doubt, keep it classic. Trends come and go , but a timeless sofa will see you through many periods of redecoration.
2 - What kind of use will the sofa be subjected to?
Does it need to withstand excitable children, or be durable enough to live in a home full of pets? If yes, consider a very durable fabric and higher-density sofa cushions in order to get as much life out of your sofa as possible.
3 - Do you suffer from back pain or any allergies?
Foam-filled cushions are available in different densities and will offer a firm level of support for those who suffer from back aches.
If allergies are a problem, opt for leather sofas as they are hypoallergenic.
4 - Will it fit?
It's important to know the space your sofa will be working with and the other elements you need to fit alongside it.
Why should I buy my sofa from you?
We offer stylish sofas made with quality materials that have many options for customization (width, material and colour).
As our sofas are made to order, we do not carry any inventory costs. These savings are passed on to you. A higher % of what you pay goes toward the quality materials used in making your sofas when you buy from us. In addition, your sofa is delivered fresh to you, not something that have been sitting in a warehouse for ages.
Combined, we aim to provide you with a sofa that:
- Is custom made for your home: fits your home's style and dimensions
- Has no compromise between quality and cost: keeps our sofas affordable despite using premium materials
- Is cozy and comfortable: provides you with lasting comfort for years to come
How does your price compare to competitors?
Sofa prices vary a lot on the market. Some sofas cost <$500 whilst others cost >$5,000. Three key factors explain for this wide divergence.
1 - Materials used
- Type and quality of materials used impact on the sofa price
- Use of premium materials for leather, fabric, wood and springs can cost 5 times more than cheap materials
2 - Construction and craftsmanship
- Sofas crafted with attention to detail takes longer to build leading to higher manpower costs
- These steps include adding corner blocks to sofas to ensure stability and conducting inspection at key stages of the sofa manufacturing process
3 - Brand and reputation
- Established brands charge a higher markup to cover higher branding costs
We do not seek to offer the cheapest sofa available.
Instead, we offer price competitive sofas made with high quality materials and superior craftsmanship.
What are the sizes of your sofas?
At Cozylant, you are less restricted on the type of sofa that you can select to fit your room.
For all our sofas, we provide a range of width options for you to choose. In addition, you can also raise specific width customization requests if our options do not fit your space.
So, there is no need for you to make a compromise between design and size when you buy your sofa from us.
Our available sofa widths options range from 180cm to 311cm and are available in 20cm increments as follow:
- 2 seaters/ loveseats: 180cm, 192cm
- 3 seaters: 200cm, 220cm, 222cm, 226cm, 240cm
- 4 seaters or above: 260cm, 262cm, 280cm, 311cm
All our sofa selections offer 3 seater sizes. This is the most common choice for HDB and condominium units in Singapore.
Do you offer additional customizations for size and colour?
Yes, you are not restricted to the sizes and colours that we list.
We can also tailor make sofas based on exact size and colour requirements that you have in mind.
Contact us to share with us your exact requirements.
What type of fabrics and leathers do you use?
We only use fabrics and leathers that can last >5 years and are comfortable to sit on.
The criteria for each are as below:
- Top grain cow leather with a thin layer of pigment
- The layer of pigment ensures that the leather is stain and water resistant
- Polyester blends with cotton, linen that combines durability and comfort
- Only fabrics that record >15,000 rub counts under the SGS or Intertek Martindale test are selected
We do not use split leather, bonded leather or faux leather for contact areas of our half leather sofas. For fabrics, we also avoid technology fabrics that have a thick layer of anti-stain coatings. These materials are likely to break down in <5 years with regular use and are less comfortable.
Should I buy a fabric or leather sofa?
We only select premium fabrics and leathers in our sofas. They are both comfortable and durable for regular use in Singapore.
When you consider about which to buy, we suggest that you consider the following factors.
Ease of maintenance
- Leather is easier to maintain with only occasional conditioning required
- Consider the style of your place and select a design with leather or fabric that complements it
What type of colour should I choose for my sofa?
Our sofas offer a wide range of colour options such as white, beige, grey, brown, blue, green and black.
It is important to choose a colour that matches your home's colour scheme to ensure harmony.
Still, below are some guides that can assist you in your colour selection.
Neutral tone colours such as beige and grey
- Versatile and can blend in with any room decoration's colour scheme
- Timeless colour scheme that never goes out of style
- Bold and luxurious, bringing depth and colour to any style of living room
- Work better with neutral shades such as grey, white and beige
- Recommended for rooms with lots of whites, including white walls to strike the right balance
- Fits into any style, from rustic to traditional
- Also mixes well with woods and other natural materials
- Versatile and can pair well with almost anything
- Creates a dramatic look when paired with black or dark wood furnishings
- Also looks great when styled with warm colours
- A blue sofa will liven up the interior unlike neutral tone colours
- Makes a space feel casual and laidback, perfect for informal spaces and family-friendly homes
How long would your sofas last?
Built with quality materials and superior craftsmanship, all our sofas are able to last for more than 5 years.
We are confident about the quality of our sofas. All of them come with a 5 year manufacturer's warranty for sofa frame, cushion foams and suspension.