Our Sofa Buying Guide
How big should my sofa be?
Consider the following when you are deciding between different seater sofa types.
2 seater sofas
2 seater sofas are ideal for providing the same level of comfort as a larger sofa on a smaller scale.
Due to their smaller size, you have more flexibility in where they can go. They are also better for placing in a corner or at an angle.
2 seater sofas can also be purchased as standalone furniture pieces to be styled separately, or as part of a suite typically including a 3 seater sofa and armchair.
See our 2 seater sofa selections if this is the right choice for you.
3 seater sofas
3 seater sofas are the go to option when buying a sofa. They are the main seating element of most living rooms.
Most 3 seater sofas still make use of two large base cushions and can comfortably offer enough seating space for three adults.
They are also favoured by couples who prefer a bit of extra space, either to spread out, put their feet up or even to share with a pet.
Lastly, larger sofas have more room for cushions, if you are into interior design, this may be a good option.
Is a 3 seater sofa the right option for you, explore our 3 seater selections.
4 seater and 5 seater sofas
For larger families, keen hosts or those that simply have more generous space to fill, a four seater sofa can offer both space and comfort for four people.
How do you determine whether the sofa is a 2 seater, 3 seater or 4 seater?
We use the total seating width to determine whether a sofa is categorized as a 2 seater, 3 seater, 4 seater or 5 seater.
For 1 person to sit comfortably, approximately 50cm sitting space is required.
So, all our 2 seater, 3 seater and 4 seater sofas fulfill the following conditions in terms of seating space:
- 2 seater: minimum of 100cm of sitting space
- 3 seater: minimum of 150cm of sitting space
- 4 seater: minimum of 200cm of sitting space
- 5 seater: minimum of 250cm of sitting space
Note that our sitting space for Comfy Sofa Collection does not follow this recommendation. This is due to additional space taken up by the sloping armrest that reduced the total seat width. We took that into account when categorizing 2 seater, 3 seater and 4 seater dimensions for Comfy Sofa Collection.
Why should I buy my sofa from you?
We offer stylish sofas made with quality materials that have many options for customization (width, material and colour).
As our sofas are made to order, we do not carry any inventory costs. These savings are passed on to you. A higher % of what you pay goes toward the quality materials used in making your sofas when you buy from us.
Combined, we aim to provide you with a sofa that:
- Is custom made for your home: fits your home's style and dimensions
- Has no compromise between quality and cost: keeps our sofas affordable despite using premium materials
- Is cozy and comfortable: provides you with lasting comfort for years to come
How does your price compare to competitors?
Sofa prices vary a lot on the market. Some sofas cost <$500 whilst others cost >$5,000. Three key factors explain for this wide divergence.
1 - Materials used
- Type and quality of materials used impact on the sofa price
- Use of premium materials for leather, fabric, wood and springs can cost 5 times more than cheap materials
2 - Construction and craftsmanship
- Sofas crafted with attention to detail takes longer to build leading to higher manpower costs
- These steps include adding corner blocks to sofas to ensure stability and conducting inspection at key stages of the sofa manufacturing process
3 - Brand and reputation
- Established brands charge a higher markup to cover higher branding costs
We do not seek to offer the cheapest sofa available.
Instead, we offer price competitive sofas made with high quality materials and superior craftsmanship.
How long would your sofas last?
Built with quality materials and superior craftsmanship, all our sofas are able to last for more than 5 years.
We are confident about the quality of our sofas. All of them come with a 5 year manufacturer's warranty for sofa frame, suspension and foam.